- Client: Hull City Council (through NPS Humber Ltd)
- Location: Wellington Street, Hull Marina, Hull
- Value: £122,309.90
- Period: December 2012 - March 2013
A structure of great local significance to the Hull area in terms of its history and heritage, the smoke house building was in a bad state of repair and had been derelict for many years.
In conjuction with Hull City Council and their conservation department along with the architects, NPS Humber, the building was brought back into use and saved. The works were carried out in conjuction with our subcontractor Romar Construction Ltd and included the following:
- Repairing the existing roof trusses with the original timbers. Re-slate the roof with reclaimed and original tiles.
- New gantry and chimneys were constructed which were replicted from old photos to the extent that the chimneys have the abilty to swivel with the wind direction as the original ones operated
- Carry out structural repairs to the brickwork and pointing.
- Steel doors and the internal steel racking (where the bacon was laid out to be smoked) were refurbished.
Back to Projects